Sunday, October 19, 2008

Leavin on a Jet Plane.......

Three weeks ago my beloved Grandfather had a massive stroke and is in the process of recovering. Stroke recovery is a LONG process and although he is making a lot of progress the road has not been easy it's been full of two steps forward and one step back days.  I will be taking my turn at helping out and taking care of my Grandfather for about three weeks. I am looking forward to being home with my grandparents but I am sad to be going for this kind of thing.  I wanted to add this blurb to my blog to talk about Stroke awareness. Stroke are deadly and quick. In a matter of a few minutes my grandfather went from an 87 year old man who could still mow his 1/2 acre lawn and repair his own car to a man that needed round the clock care and a feeding tube. Strokes are PREVENTABLE! Please visit the THIS SITE to educate yourself about stroke prevention. I think that you'll be AMAZED at how susceptible your loved ones are to strokes and the EASY things that can be done to prevent them.

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Hang in there Michelle!!

Dawn said...

Have a safe trip babe! I know your family will certainly appreciate you being home:) Poor Sam though...how is the Man going to EAT??????....lol