Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Martha Stewart Riley

DSC01471

Or maybe she's the Taylor Van Bruggen Riley. Taylor is after all the cupcake queen. The DP is hobby lobby. The sentiment is MFT. The flower is chipboard with a bling center. The image was colored with copics. The ribbon is mike's. The main image and it's mat were cut with my nesties. The scalloped edge was made with the new SU! punch I used a tiny hole punch to make the holes in the scallops. I made this card for my stash of cards. I am trying to be better about keeping in touch with my long distance friends. It's funny how you can be so dependant on a person and miles of distance kind of pull you apart.  I have a core group of friends that I LOVE like family and have let distance get in the way but I am going to be better because they mean enough to me to try. I encourage all of you with stashes of cards to do the same. Don't let those beautiful cards go to waste. Send them to someone who has affected you, even if it is in a small way. You never know maybe that card that you lovingly made will make someone's day instead of just collecting dust.

No comments: