Friday, April 18, 2008

Card and Emergency Room Visit

DSC00920 Here's my card for the day and a little story to entertain you.. On Wednesday afternoon my youngest son came home from school in need of a little medical attention. There had been an accident in  his last period of the day and he had fallen being the cushion for two other kids that fell on top of him (imagine dominos, my baby being the last domino to fall and the other kids the dominos that fell on him) So we cleaned his cuts and scrapes, gave him some Motrin for the pain and helped him finish his homework ( he's a lefty with an injured left hand.) Well yesterday around lunch the nurse's office calls, Jarrett is there when I arrive she says she thinks there may be a hairline fracture there, the hand was a little swollen, but he was in pain and having trouble writing. One ER visit later Jarrett is in a soft cast for 10 days to determine whether or not his bone (apparently the worst in your body to break because it takes the longest to heal)   is actually fractured (something about difficult to tell and if they see healing after the 10 days they'll know for sure it was broken then he'll need a permanent cast for 12 WEEKS!!!)  I couldn't believe it, our oldest son is almost 17 our youngest son 13 and this is the FIRST broken bone we have had. I must add too that my youngest never does anything halfway so him breaking the bone that takes the longest to heal... but I want you to know he kept his humor about him saying to me laughing  while they were putting on the soft cast ( " guess next time you shouldn't push me down mom and step on my hand")  What a sense of humor huh? Keep watching to see if the cast becomes permanent.

Card Ingredients:

Cardstock: CM Baby Blue, DCWV Green, Whisper White

DP: Pocket of Posies

Stamps: Hanging Sign by Bella, Butterfly Kisses PTI

Inks: Basic Black, Thatched Straw, Spring Pansy

Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Mike's Ribbon, Nesties, Perfect Layers

1 comment:

Melanie said...

oh my goodness! i'm dreading these visits! if either of my crazy sone makes it to 17w without a broken bone I will be amazed! deinfitely funny his joke, but glad CPS didn't take it seriously and investigate you-oy!!